Government’s regional development effort through local economic development, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise development. livelihoods and income generation.
The achievement of the National policy objectives for the Government of Sri Lanka through an integrated approach to economic development in the province aimed at ensuring sustainability. equity. and value for money.
Why we are here
- To create an enabling enterprise and industrial promotion environment.
- To Enhancement of entrepreneurial capacities, skills and knowledge.
- To support the Quality Improvement of products and services and linkage of local and international markets.
- Poverty reduction and economic empowerment of women and youth through self-employment and livelihood promotion.
- Institutional development and information management among micro. small and medium enterprises and utilize them for industry development.
- Promotion of local and international markets for local producers and productions.
- Reward and Award western province industrialists and give recognition.
- Create Industrial networks and support them for a sustainable industrial culture in western province.
- Improve access to international agencies and organizations.
What we do
Encourage and guide the industries in the western province.
IDA operates as a Service HUB in the western province industries. We create the flat form for industrialists to obtain necessary support from the industry.
Provide required training and education (Technical Skills/Soft Skills)
IDA identified the training needs of the industry and implement sustainable training modules for the industry.
Provide required Advise
IDA has been established a “Consultancy Bureau” with the expertise to give necessary advises to industries.
Provide guidance to obtain necessary Finance
IDA has been already built mechanism to support industrialists to obtain financial support from Banking and Finance Sector.
Award and reward the industrialists in the western province.
IDA organizes an award ceramony every year to award industrialists “INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP AWARDS”
Maintain the rapport between industrialists
IDA networks among the industrialists and set up business associations to strengthen them economically and socially.
Provide helping hands for the marketing of locally produced goods.
IDA creates the platform for industrialists to market and test their products with the local market and guide them to have their presence in international market too.
Facilitate Local and Foreign Investors
IDA facilitates foreign and local business proposals and provides consultancy for those who are interested in investing.
Developing industrialists as Sustainable Business ICON in the province.
IDA established a socio-economic development unit to strengthen industrialists in socially & economically.
Conduct Market Research
Partnership with academic and business research organizations to explore new opportunities in the industry.